Monday, September 6, 2010

A Leap of Faith

After a rather long hiatus from blogging, the fall is here and with my favourite season comes routine. Back into the swing of things. Back to school (yay!!!), activities, and time for fitness for me. I'd love to say that I'm one of those amazing people that sticks to a rigorous fitness routine, sadly I am not. Although with kids in school I am excited to get back into my running routine and also boot camp. Wish me luck on that one.


I took 3 months off work to focus on me and my family for a bit and get back some of that balance that was lacking prior to taking time off. Before leaving my job I carefully considered whether or not we could financially handle me taking time off and what my options in the fall would be.


Now anyone that knows me for more than 5 minutes knows that I'm a talker. Perhaps it's a bit of my outgoing personality or perhaps I really enjoy meeting people. Either way it's my strength and my weakness. (all my past school report cards could attest to that)


For the last 5 years I have had such a deep desire to "do what I love" and start my own business. I love communications, public affairs, facilitation, presenting, media you name it.
Though loads of past experience I have developed these skills and abilities and will go as far as saying they are my talents. Another passion I have is self improvement. I have more books than I can count on all different areas (so many so that I have had to create a system for loaning as may of my books were out and missing at times) and topics and have read them all more than once.


I have finally decided (after much prompting by my family and peers) to take a leap of faith and get the ball rolling. Last week I became a certified Level 1 Facilitator for a tool called "Personality Dimensions". ( http://www.personalitydimensions.com/) This is a tool that I have used for 6 years now personally and loved it so much that I decided to obtain certification and share this valuable tool with Central Alberta. By doing so I can combine both of my passions and maintain a great work life balance.


Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment