Friday, September 16, 2011

Cool Beans!

So it has happened again... my favorite Red Deer coffee shop was broken into and vandalized over night. This is the 3rd time since opening this summer that Traptow's Cool Beans has been broken into. Small businesses are what make a community unique. Without them we become generic and boring. The spirit of community is evident in our downtown with small businesses like Cool Beans, places like Sunworks and City Centre Stage & The Scott Block theater.

Owning a business is no easy task. I saw a tweet from @reactionmike yesterday that said "an entrepreneur is a self-employed person working 16 hours a day to avoid working 8 hours a day for someone else." So True Mike.

Kevin & Becky and their family work so hard 7 days a week to keep Cool Beans open. I know they are feeling tired and a little let down by this latest vandalism.

So this is a call to action. Tomorrow, Saturday 17.. I want everyone who lives in Central Alberta to send a message to Kevin and Becky. I want you to kick it old school and when you go to Cool Beans tomorrow (yes.. I want you to physically go there and order a coffee and maybe some chocolate root beer cake) and bring along a card or poster or something that tells them that we as a community appreciate them and their contribution to making our downtown unique!

Then I want you to tweet with... I love @Coolbeansbus because... (and give your reason).
We cannot as a community be successful unless everyone in the community feels supported.

Show your love! I will be a Cool Beans at noon to show my love... hope to see you there!!

Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment